Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler Intermittent Hot Water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Worcester 28i Junior Combi Boiler

The hot water lasts only probably 2 or 3 minutes and then become cold for about 30 seconds then warm/ hot again... thought it's the limescale blocks the secondary heat exchanger.

Now the plate heat exchanger has been replaced but the problem still exist!

Could be the diverter valve scaled too? Or any idea?

Thanks

It could be a boiler fault or it could be a tap or shower passing and mixing hot and cold water

Hi, I’m having the same problem with my boiler, changing heat exchanger didn’t do anything. Did you manage to fix the problem? If so what did you do?

Hi, I’m having the same problem with my boiler, changing heat exchanger didn’t do anything. Did you manage to fix the problem? If so what did you do?
No, not really!
The engineer came for the third time and turned the hot water temperature control knob from 4 to 6. After it, the boiler seems fine.
Is yours the same boiler, and how old is it? Have you tried to turn the temperature to its maximum?

No, not really!
The engineer came for the third time and turned the hot water temperature control knob from 4 to 6. After it, the boiler seems fine.
Is yours the same boiler, and how old is it? Have you tried to turn the temperature to its maximum?
Ours is a Vaillant ecomax and it’s 17 years old so I very much expect to purchase a new boiler but we will be moving house so I really don’t want to be spending 4-5k on a new boiler that we won’t use for long. I have just put the hot water temp up to max now. I think that the plumber who replaced the heat exchanger turned it up and it didn’t make much difference.
No, not really!
No, not really!
Is yours the same boiler, and how old is it? Have you tried to turn the tempOurs is a Vaillant ecomax and it’s 17 years old so I very much expect to purchase a new boiler but we will be moving house so I really don’t want to be spending 4-5k on a new boiler that we won’t use for long. I have just put the hot water temp up to max now. I think that the plumber who replaced the heat exchanger turned it up and it didn’t make much difference.
No, not really!
No, not really!
Ours is a Vaillant ecomax and it’s 17 years old so I very much expect to purchase a new boiler but we will be moving house so I really don’t want to be spending 4-5k on a new boiler that we won’t use for long. I put the hot water temp up to max about 40 mins ago and just tested, it only lasted 3 minutes before dropping, perhaps I need to give it a day on the max setting. We had a plumber replace the thermal mixer in the shower, but that made no difference. Can’t say I was surprised I had touched the HW copper inlet to the shower when the temperature dropped in the shower and could feel that it was cold, so I was fairly certain that wasn’t the problem. So now I’m stumped.

Reply to Combi Boiler Intermittent Hot Water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock