Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler help needed in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys
Im afraid i need your help and advice again.Alpha 28cd combi boiler 12 years old.
No go this morning,flashing lights indicate problem with fan,new fan assembly £185 plus fitting.Question:is it worth repairing or would a new boiler be a better option given its age.
Also we would like the new boiler,if we have one,situated in the garage.There is pipework to a radiator in there already,so we would be able to take that out and replace with whatever pipework is needed.Gas meter is outside and about 4 metres from site of proposed boiler.
Would this be a costly and logistical nightmare?.Old boiler is in a cupboard in bathroom.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I would replace as 12 years old is throwing good money at an ageing boiler

1. You will be looking at:
1a. Running cold and hot water pipework.
1b. Replacing probable 15 mm radiator pipework with 22 mm.
1c. Running a condensate pipe to drain.
1d. Possibly running gas from the garage to any other gas appliance (hob?) if appropriate.
1e. Having a new flue installed - presumably there is a suitable spot?
2. You will need a frost thermostat and pipe thermostat to guard against freezing in a garage. The boiler may have internal frost protection, but that is limited to the boiler.
3. You will need to retain a source of heat to prevent freezing.
4. I would think it is your best long term solution, but:
4a. It isn't going to be cheap.
4b. It is likely to be disruptive both in the garage and the house.

Reply to Combi Boiler help needed in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock