• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Combi boiler flow temperature with underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

What temp does most boilers start condensing ?

55 is the answer so with a 15dc difference you will condense and with the new boiler plus kit you will save more etc
England is 20 years behind mate to start with.
As I said if you set 55 the return will be about 10kelvin different so it will use the flue gas as energy instead of wasting.

Boiler plus is for 20 years in Germany .. we only install boilers with integrated heat recovery units , weather compensation sensors etc. However, Like Atag says, they are apparently Europe’s best boiler which is wrong market leader is and will be Vaillant .. the guy from Atag is a kitchen company by the way he just started 10 years ago to do some boilers .. :) Lol

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
England is 20 years behind mate to start with.
As I said if you set 55 the return will be about 10kelvin different so it will use the flue gas as energy instead of wasting.

Boiler plus is for 20 years in Germany .. we only install boilers with integrated heat recovery units , weather compensation sensors etc. However, Like Atag says, they are apparently Europe’s best boiler which is wrong market leader is and will be Vaillant .. the guy from Atag is a kitchen company by the way he just started 10 years ago to do some boilers .. :) Lol
If sized correctly I would want more of a difference more like 15-20dc

O

Old Account

If sized correctly I would want more of a difference more like 15-20dc
As said in my previous post ideally you want 15dc ( that’s the ideal figure ) between flow and return. But it’s totally silly to run the flow temperature via 70dc . the lower it is the more efficient it runs. And due to the passive heat recovery units and weather compensation you will gain even more on savings. But if you think you are right that’s good with me I’ll stick to the 55dc. Why disagreement? Due to the fact I know that Atag isn’t market leader or because England is 20 years behind ?

OP
K

kam187

Reaction score
Erm I see you guys seem to have got into a debate over this!

So if I only want 40-50C for the floor what do you recommend I run the boiler flow at if not 70C

I understand you both have different views but I’d like to hear the lower temperature recommendation too.

Why would I run it at 60 C If I only need 40-50? Id be happy to run the underfloor at 45

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
60-65

Also running at a lower temp would alter your hot water performance eg longer time to wait for hot water etc

OP
K

kam187

Reaction score
Worchester replied and said it's fine to run it at 50C, and also it won't affect the hot water.

I'm waiting for the TLV's and i'll do some tests both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes