From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Combi boiler flow temperature with underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

I have a Worcester greenstart 440 Cdi combi boiler feeding a wet underfloor to my whole house. There’s one manifold upstairs and onedownstairs.

The underfloor manifolds have a trv to make sure the flow temperature remains at 40-50 (or even lessbecause I have a laminate floor).

I have nest thermostats in everyroom with a temperature probe forcut off to protect the floor etc so it’sall done properly.

One of the seals went near one of thetrv, So I changed that only to find it’scrusted up the trv itself. I can order a new one but in the mean time I justset the combi boiler flow to 45 C and removed the TRV so my heating stillruns.

I don’t have any radiators, and the combi feeds only the underfloor systems. I know the combi heating flow temperature usually needs to be around 70 C for it to condense and save energy when the exhaust hits 55-56 C, but is that more efficient than just running the boiler at 45 Cand removing the TRVs?

I read about low heat energy systems but I’m not entirely sure if a combi is very efficient at 45 C since doesn’t it heat exchange to save energy heating the tap water too? If the tap water ishotter than 45 C it will end up heating the pipe directly all of the time?

I’d be interested in your opinions onthis. Running the combi at 45 C is simpler and less prone to error, but is it efficient?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Last edited:
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler flow temperature with underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares