Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler flame loss during current windy weather in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an ideal logic plus combi boiler that has been working fine for all of winter. With the recent storms when the wind speed starts getting up the boiler keeps cutting out with a "Flame loss" error. It'll reignite first time no problem and then continue until a large wind gust then it'll cut out again.

If I watch the flue outside whilst this is happening in cold weather so you can see the gasses I notice the following:

Normal: Flue gasses expelled away from flue and upwards
Second or two before flame loss error: Flue glasses are blown back and down towards the bottom part of the flue

Here's a picture of the flue I've got an what seems to be happening in windy weather (excuse the bad drawing!)

1645394774216.png

I'm not an expert but it looks like it's getting the flue gasses sucked back into the air inlet? Would this cause the boiler to cut out? If I get an engineer out is there some part he can fit over the flue to fix the problem (assuming it is the problem) or will he just say it's bad positioning of the flue and tough?

Thanks,

Tom

What’s the condensate drain like? If this is blocked, it’s more likely than the wind blowing flames out on a combi.

A plume management kit could be fitted to the flue but I would suggest getting the boiler checked before hand

Reply to Combi boiler flame loss during current windy weather in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock