Search the forum,

Discuss Cold Shower/ No Hot Water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

😒😒😒 Hello there, we have a Bristan Bliss electric shower, yesterday morning it was working fine, my husband and my daughter both had a shower no problem. We had a plumber round to relocate our bath pipes and sink pipes & to fit the new toilet, ready for our new bath and sink to be fitted, but because we are having a free standing bath we need to get our new flooring fitted before the bath and sink gets plumbed in, so the new pipes have been isolated until we are ready. Later that day we all wanted our evening shower and it was only displaying 20, would not budge from this temp, we have took the cartridge at the rear of the shower out and cleaned it, also the hose and the shower head, rang Bristan up and they recommended me to start the shower on the lowest temp, then gradually turning it up to the highest over a period of 20 mins. I have messaged the plumber and he said it could be an air lock. Really at a loss as the pressure of the water seems to be fine even on the highest temp setting but still only displaying 20. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Check all points of isolation are open, e.g. Main stopcock, any isolation valves feeding the shower. See if your plumber has fitted any small bore isolation valve. I'm not sure which cartridge you're referring to. Is your plumber returning anytime soon?

It’s a mains fed electric shower, unlikely to be an air lock.
By cartridge I assume you mean the filter on the shower inlet?
It sounds like an electrical problem to me; element gone or a problem on the pan.
Get the plumber to check with a multi-meter.
By the way this could well be a coincidence - ie not caused by your plumber , the shower had just packed in.

Check all points of isolation are open, e.g. Main stopcock, any isolation valves feeding the shower. See if your plumber has fitted any small bore isolation valve. I'm not sure which cartridge you're referring to. Is your plumber returning anytime soon?
It’s the cartridge from the inlet pipe at the bottom of the shower. The plumber not returning until he puts the sink & bath in...although it seems I may need him back sooner...very frustrating, will be washing in the layz spa at this rate 🤣
[automerge]1595401394[/automerge]
It’s a mains fed electric shower, unlikely to be an air lock.
By cartridge I assume you mean the filter on the shower inlet?
It sounds like an electrical problem to me; element gone or a problem on the pan.
Get the plumber to check with a multi-meter.
By the way this could well be a coincidence - ie not caused by your plumber , the shower had just packed in.
Yeah the cartridge on the inlet. Just seems coincidental to me. Very frustrating 😫

Reply to Cold Shower/ No Hot Water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock