Search the forum,

Discuss Cold radiators upstairs (hot downstairs) and little hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.

I've an oil-fired condensing boiler (11 years old) in the garage which has two external pumps (Wilo RS50s). I decided to flush out the system and after emptying it via the lower ground floor radiator added Fernox F5 to the tank and turned the supply back on. Running the system leads to the downstairs radiators heating as normal but the upstairs ones hardly at all (3 out of 9 get a little heat at the bottom but the others remain stone cold). I managed to get a little air out of some of the upstairs rads (the ones that get a little heat) but none out of the others. About to have a shower this morning I also realised that despite the system being on for 5 hours last night and another hour this morning there was only a little warm water in the top of the cylinder.

I'm wondering if one or both the pumps are on the way out but I'm no expert which I why I'm here!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Thanks Simon. We noticed this afternoon that the boiler (Warmflow) is leaking and so had to call a plumber who's now told me that I need a new one - he tells me that my flushing of the system simply brought that forward a little.
You got any pictures of where its leaking from?

Reply to Cold radiators upstairs (hot downstairs) and little hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock