• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Cold rad and boiler shuts off in the Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

al.dente112

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Can anyone help me ? One radiator isn’t getting hot and the boiler switches off, Ive checked the rad trvs they all good, rang potterton and grundfos they aren’t sure.
Was told everything in the extension was install 4 months ago. Anyone know what that problem might be ?

Cheers

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
What boiler do you have? Is it a sealed system?? Has it ever all worked??

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
You could have a blockage, does the trv pin move up and down freely, any air trapped inside, do the pipes get warm?, is the lock shield (opposite to trv) open?, has any work been carried out in this 3 weeks?

OP
A

al.dente112

Reaction score
You could have a blockage, does the trv pin move up and down freely, any air trapped inside, do the pipes get warm?, is the lock shield (opposite to trv) open?, has any work been carried out in this 3 weeks?
Was only there for half hour as I had to shoot over to another job, client couldn’t get hold of the original plumber, will be there tomorrow. Is it worth taking my powerflush gear with me ?

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
It might be worth it, although for x1 radiator it might not be. I would look at just the one radiator for now, unless you feel a need to power flush the system?

OP
A

al.dente112

Reaction score
The rad not working is in the new extension?

If so get the daft [email protected] back.

If so get the daft [email protected] back.[/QUOTE

If so get the daft [email protected] back.
Was told the previous plumber got all the gear from grant and stones and isn’t answering his phone. Do you reckon is a faulty radiator?

SimonG

Trusted
Plumber
Esteemed Member
Reaction score
Piped wrong?

Is it copper or plastic? 10mm? Balanced?

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom