Search the forum,

Discuss Cold lounge, what do I do? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all. I’m a newbie here looking for advice. I live in a 3 year old “new build”. The problem I have is when my thermostat positioned in my hall reaches temperature my lounge, the room next door, is much cooler. The radiators in the lounge have the correct rating and thermostat values turned up to max and they get hot, don’t have air, etc. One is in a bay behind thick curtains, which obviously will not help. I also keep the door shut to the hall because I have a naughty cat that likes to wee in corners. So I understand why the lounge is cooler but I want to fix this. What are my options without having the door open?
I’ve considered a wireless thermostat but I’m guessing that would just lead to a warm lounge and very warm rest of the house? Can I leave the existing stat in place and have a wireless one for just the lounge on a timer so it warms it for the evening? Or should I just replace the smallish radiator not behind the curtain with a bigger one so that more heat is released in the time it takes the main stat to get to temperature? Your advice would be appreciated.

What size room, what size radiators. You say the radiators dont get hot? Are the valves on the opposite end to the thermostatic valves fully open? Have you tried to balance the system?

I have a similar issue whereby my thermostat is near my front (glass) door and my house is south facing so it’s a particularly warm hallway with the sun shining through it. (Bad design by the house builder)
Turn the thermostat in the hallway up to a higher setting and move the thick curtains away from the radiator and try again. With the door closed to the lounge it should get up to temperature if the radiators are correctly sized.

Replace with a Wireless stat in the lounge remove the thermostic heads from the rads and refit with the cap they came with , you may possibly be able to place the wireless receiver in place of the existing stat ? If its a wired stat of course . Kop

Reply to Cold lounge, what do I do? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock