Search the forum,

Discuss Cold Electric shower when any tap turned on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Sorry a slight variation on other posts!

I recently moved into a 3 storey semi (new 2017)

Top floor, ensuite Electric Shower
Middle Floor, Electric Shower and extra shower fittings off bath, WC, Basin
Ground Floor. Cloakroom, WC. Washing machine
Combi Boiler

Problem- Ensuite Shower goes cold when ANY other appliance run, NOT Central Heating.

I am 77 years old and need some guidance, my landlord is not English, living abroad and insists on any problem to be dealt with by fellow countrymen. even though the Estate Agent has full management control!

Can this system ever be fixed, is there a simple solution but would they all involve an expensive fix?

Thanks for reading this

Sorry a slight variation on other posts!

I recently moved into a 3 storey semi (new 2017)

Top floor, ensuite Electric Shower
Middle Floor, Electric Shower and extra shower fittings off bath, WC, Basin
Ground Floor. Cloakroom, WC. Washing machine
Combi Boiler

Problem- Ensuite Shower goes cold when ANY other appliance run, NOT Central Heating.

I am 77 years old and need some guidance, my landlord is not English, living abroad and insists on any problem to be dealt with by fellow countrymen. even though the Estate Agent has full management control!

Can this system ever be fixed, is there a simple solution but would they all involve an expensive fix?

Thanks for reading this

When water is drawn from another point in the house the cold the pressure drops.

The drop in water pressure to your shower reduces the flow rate through the shower.

The shower puts a fixed amount of energy into the water. If less water flows through it comes out a lot hotter.

The shower has a safety mechanism to shut down the heater to stop you getting scalded.

It sounds like your shower is doing exactly what it’s supposed to do. It’s just one of the shortcomings of electric showers.

Reply to Cold Electric shower when any tap turned on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock