Search the forum,

Discuss Cobra or alligators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbear

If u were buying a set, which would u go for (180mm)?

I've got an old set I want to replace, I like the look of the cobras but I want opinions b4 hand plz

i have alligators but others prefer cobras it's down to personal choice

i own both but prefer alligator, the button on the cobras annoys me, also make sure you get the new design either way you go as they have a larger jaw capacity or even better if you want some really nice grips try footprints or NWS.

I had alligators for 20yrs or so, I now have the cobra's & prefer them as I think they lock in place better. As steveb says, it's down to personnel preference though.

I have both, and always reach for the Cobras, the spring and push button are fantastic I love them.

Thin jaw aswell for those hard to reach areas.

The alligators look like there's too many sizing options (knotches) and this kinda put me off them. Or is that a reason that some prefer them?

I prefer alligators for everyday use but on 250mm's. The cobras have too many settings for quick setting without looking.
If using 180mm grips the cobras suit me best. It is all about what you like and get used to using.

As said the new alligators have a couple of extra settings (which i hated for a while until i got used to them) and open up a good bit more than the older ones. New alligators have 9 settings and cobras have about 25?? (never counted)

I have Cobras and would recommend them to anyone. My mate was using them for a while the other day as hes were broke, he ordered some that night.

What are Cobra's and Alligators...no funny jokes please.. just in the plumbing sense ha ha :p

I always favoured Footprints but I lost my twelves a while back and never replaced them.
But I was mooching in Toolstation the other day and bought a nice enough replacement for just over a tenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cobra or alligators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we would like to relocate it to the laundry room or loft, so a new gas line needs to be run. I would prefer someone local in Norwich that can also do the...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock