Search the forum,

Discuss Coal fire back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have moved into a house that has a Firemaster High Output Back Boiler (BB) and oil central heating.

Everything was working fine until I noticed at weekend when fire was lit the hot water cylinder did not heat but pipe running from back boiler to the cylinder was roasting (couldn't put my hand on it).

When I open the damper above BB and switch pump on the radiators heat just the water cylinder doesn't heat.

The oil central heating still heats water but would like BB to do the job too.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Don’t light the fire until you get that resolved!
Heating system could be partly out of water if it has the flow pipe to cylinder at a higher level to the rest of system.
Or blockage, or airlock, but that would raise suspicions the system is badly installed if air.

Reply to Coal fire back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock