Search the forum,

Discuss cNew Beko Washing machine leave clothes wet and water stay in gasket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My landlord just bought a new Beko machine (Beko WTG721M1W Freestanding Washing Machine, 7kg Load, A+++ Energy Rating, 1200rpm Spin, White at John Lewis & Partners)

He got a plumber to install it and last night I tried a first wash (after cleaning the drums like specified in the manual), a simple "Fast cotton at 1200rpm" that lasted 1h10 minutes.

At the end of the cycle the clothes still had some water in it and the Gasket (the caoutchouc around the drum) was full of water and soap
(See images)

Since it is a new machine my first blame is on the waist hose. I had a quick look and the hose is very very long and goes in zig zag until the pipe.
See the attached images

Is this a potential cause ? If so, how does the waist hose needs to be setup ?

Thank you!

20190220_190445.jpg

20190220_190456.jpg

20190223_170212.jpg

Screenshot_20190225-084617_WhatsApp.jpg

Has that hose been extended?? If not I’d be onto the manufacturer as it’s brand new

It is the same hose (length and position I presume) that the (quite old ~ 10 year) machine that I had before (which was not leaving clothes wet) and not leaving water around the plastic thing of the door

But yes that hose is extended to be able to reach the pipe at the end.

Could be the machine is not designed to be extended. Instructions will confirm this

It might not just be the length of the outlet hose but the fact that it has been connected to a 3/4" overflow pipe which itself has been pushed into something else & then Denso taped up!!!!
What a joke of an installation & if the installer was truly a Plumber I would have them shot.
Where is the trap the air break etc. That is no way to connect up a washing machine.
If I were you I wouldn't try contacting the manufacturer as they would laugh & inform the purchaser that their warrantee was no longer valid.

Reply to cNew Beko Washing machine leave clothes wet and water stay in gasket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground floor but this costs a fortune over the long run and is frankly a ballache when you're on the 12th floor. A colossal waste of time. Not to mention the...
Replies
Views
A
I am trying to get 2 washing machiens plumbed in to a commercial unit. The plumber has put 1 x 15ml pipe off the main 22 ml pipe to feed both machines. The machines are large (14kg and 12kg) so use more water than usual. Can they run off one supply pipe or do they need one each ? So far...
Replies
Views
Amanda100
A
M
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help. I'm not a plumber and have limited everyday DIY experience. Last week our old trusty Bosch WF2001 washing machine packed in. The pump broke after a solid 12 year+ service and so we ordered a new Beko one from an online etailer and asked them to...
Replies
Views
Y
Hello, I have a Beko washing machine that has been working perfectly for 2.5 years. Last night while the washing machine was on there was a lot of banging from the pipes in the upstairs attic. The noise seems to be happening when the machine is spinning at a fast rate but I've no idea if there...
Replies
Views
yer_man
Y
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock