• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Closed loop pressure increasing in the Renewable Energy area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Shifters

Just wondering if anyone has even seen an issue with the pressure gradually increasing on a closed loop system where there is no fill loop attached. I'm seeing this issue on a gshp and whats more unusual is its on the cooling side. If it was on the heating side you could put it down to expansion but this water/glycol is gradually cooling but the pressure steadily increases over over a couple of hours from 1 bar to 3 bar before it eventually triggers the safety valve. I've never seen a system gradually increase like this. Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Sounds like something is bypassing, if there’s a hot water plate heat exchanger, consider this.

S

Shifters

Hi, no theres no heat exchanger leaking its been pressure tested and nothing connected except a ufh circuit.
I'm completely baffled by it.

Reply to Closed loop pressure increasing in the Renewable Energy area at PlumbersForums.net