Search the forum,

Discuss Clogged toilet/tub explanation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could please get a quick explanation about what is going on with my toilet/tub I would really appreciate it.

Toilet is clogged. Tried for a while to plunge it. It has resulted in nothing other than my bath tub now being backed up. Why is this happening?

Thanks

Hi and welcome,

Perhaps the main soilstack is clogged and therefore nothing will drain but backing up. It's happening because there is a blockage which is caused perhaps due to too much use of toilet paper, woman waste,baby wipes or anything similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above reply says, - some part of your sewer pipe is totally blocked and it has backed up with water. Wipes are notorious for causing blockages.
If you live on a ground floor/bungalow then it will back up sooner.
It may just be a simple matter of needing some excess points on stack or the manholes opened and the underground sewer rodded by someone capable.
Or ring a local company who clear sewer blockages and ask first their charges.

dyno rod fixed fee ÂŁ90 will clear most blockages

The following could be the reasons if your toilet isn’t flushing its contents all the way:

-The poor toilet drain pipe design.

-A clog in the toilet, flange or drain.

-The water level in your toilet tank is set too low.

-Blocked inlet holes.

-Problems with your flapper.

I think it's better to call a plumbing service to get this fixed. It's not just gross, but it's wasteful and annoying when your toilet doesn’t fully empty its contents when you flush. So, rather than 'DIY-ing' get the help of a professional as soon as possible.

The following could be the reasons, if your toilet isn’t flushing all the way:

-The poor toilet drain pipe design.

-A clog in the toilet, flange or drain.

-The water level in your toilet tank is set too low.

-Blocked inlet holes.

-Problems with your flapper.

You can also refer this blog Easy Steps To Fix A Clogged Toilet Without A Plunger | Brothers Plumbing Company for easy steps to fix a clogged toilet without a plunger.

I think it's better to call a plumbing service to get this fixed. It's not just gross, but it's wasteful and annoying when your toilet doesn’t fully empty its contents when you flush. So, rather than 'DIY-ing' get the help of a professional as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Clogged toilet/tub explanation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock