Search the forum,

Discuss Clogged Faucets and Low Hot Water Pressure on 1 faucet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have 2 issues/questions. To start from the beginning, we just purchased and moved into a home at the beginning of November that has a private well, once we moved in I noticed we had water pressure issues. Upon investigation I found that all the faucets/fixtures with pressure issues were clogged with white chunks, some pure white and some white on once side and black on the other (photo's attached - what is shown in my hand is what I could get out of the faucet after 1 day). When we first moved in, there was only a sediment filter installed after the pressure tank, which I installed a carbon filter in. After seeing all the build up in the aerators I looked into a water softener but I do not have a drain near by so I thought I would try this AO Smith Descaler (also shown in photo). To no avail, I am still getting a lot of these white flakes/chunks in all the faucets and they build up rather quickly. I am cleaning shower heads and faucets at LEAST once a week if not twice. My question is, is this hard water or do I have another issue? It looks like photos I've found of disintegrating dip tubes but I have a tankless water heater and the house is only 6 years old and has PEX and CPVC pipe.
My second question, in the master bath I have a garden tub with Moen Chateau faucet (with 1222 cartridge) the cold water pressure is great but the hot water pressure is very week, would probably take at least 45 minutes to fill up the tub. So my first move was to get a new cartridge at a big box store, got a Danco brand and installed it, after installed issue persisted. So I thought I may need to go with the name brand Moen cartridge, still have the problem so I cleaned up the old one and cleaned out the valve body and reinstalled. I have 3 tubs in the house with the same Moen faucets and this is the only one with an issue. This is very aggravating. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG-0559.jpg
    IMG-0559.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0558.jpg
    IMG-0558.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-0554.jpg
    IMG-0554.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0555.jpg
    IMG-0555.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-0285.jpg
    IMG-0285.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 8
Could be limescale or maybe your filter media

Was the water turned off when you moved in as Iā€™ve heard you have to turn the water on slowly and just enough to flow through else if you just turn it on it will blast the media out of the softener through the pipe work ?

Reply to Clogged Faucets and Low Hot Water Pressure on 1 faucet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock