Search the forum,

Discuss Climapro2 button battery in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all.

First post and would really appreciate some advice / knowledge please.

I'm attempting a home DIY repair on a Climapro2 handset I have. Some corrosion/furring of the battery terminals that I've sorted, but the small button battery has also corroded and suspect is knackered. Display works, can scroll through menu, set time/date etc, but the time does not move on, and the temperature reading also remains the same.

Before I attempt removal of it, would anyone know please the spec of this little button battery ?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

I wasn't aware that it had a button cell in it. Doesn't it take 4 x AA cells and nothing else?
Could you post a photo of the problem cell please?

Does it pair with the receiver in this state (as indicated by the receiver)?

Button cells in devices are usually to hold settings in memory including the time.
Is it removable, sometines they aren't easilly without desoldering?

If you measure the cell you should be able to match it up.
If it's the common larger ones like CR 2016 / 2020 / 2032 they give the size away in the number e.g 20mm x 1.6mm / 20mm x 2.0mm / 20mm x 3.2mm

Most others are in lists on this link, you'll just need the size and work backwards.

Reply to Climapro2 button battery in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I'm hoping for some advice. We have a very ancient thermostat for our radiators in a very old building. This morning there was no heat and the display was blank, so I've changed the batteries and reset, but I can't change the time to allow the program buttons to work. After the reset...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock