Search the forum,

Discuss clicking sound from programmer and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karazi

Hi.I have a problem with clicking sound coming from programmer and boiler itself.Problem occurs after i run out of gas (token meter,top-up type).After some time when water in tank starts to heat up programmer switches of itself.Sound seem to be disapeering when water is hot.then everything works fine,I have hot water and central heating is working fine.
Programmer is Barlo Products and model is EPR-1
Boiler is Trianco Gas,model W.M. 30/40 R.S. with water tank in cupboard.
I also have wireless receiver Watts Milux RF Thermostat.
Does anyone have any idea what is causing this situation and know solution for it?Thanks for help.

Now i have different problem.Programmer is not clicking and water is hot.But it keeps going off after couple of hours so water in tank isnt heating up and heating isnt working.Could this be faulty programmer.Do you know any other programmers that would replace my and would fit same backplate without the need of re-wiring?

Get a proper Gas Safe Registered engineer in to have a look at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to clicking sound from programmer and boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
New install, under a year old. Boiler downstairs. Mega flow upstairs in airing cupboard. Undfloor downstairs. Rads upstairs. Whenever the heating comes on. I get a clicking ticking buzzing type sound. Please see videos. Coming I think from the metal boxes. Both upstairs and down. I believe...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
This is regarding the hot water, but I didn't have a clue where else to post it. We live in a 22 year old Barratt house, we have lived here since new. The start of last year, we had to have our hot water cylinder replaced as it started leaking (closed system). Because it was a different make...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock