Search the forum,

Discuss Clicking sound from external stop tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
I am hoping someone can help with a very frustrating issue. I have noticed a clicking sound in the water pipes when the cold water is used. It is especially when the washing machine is going or when the toilet is flushed - the clicking noise vibrates through the pipes in the whole house and can be heard upstairs. I have traced the noise to the external stop tap - whenever the clicking occurs the stop tap vibrates and can only be stopped by running the cold tap and turning it off slowly. Any ideas why this might be happening? I’ve tried turning the stop tap lower but this doesn’t solve it
Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you for your reply. I did ring Yorkshire Water but typically in the day the engineer came it didn’t happen - until about 10 minutes after he left! He didn’t look at the stop tap and said he thought it must be air in the pipes. I’ll call them again to come back! Thank you for your help

Hello
I am hoping someone can help with a very frustrating issue. I have noticed a clicking sound in the water pipes when the cold water is used. It is especially when the washing machine is going or when the toilet is flushed - the clicking noise vibrates through the pipes in the whole house and can be heard upstairs. I have traced the noise to the external stop tap - whenever the clicking occurs the stop tap vibrates and can only be stopped by running the cold tap and turning it off slowly. Any ideas why this might be happening? I’ve tried turning the stop tap lower but this doesn’t solve it
Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you sure it's the external one? Is it clicking or banging? Probably loose pipes. Is it a meter turning?

I am sure it’s the tap. Whenever I hear the ticking I’ve been out to the tap and it is vibrating. We don’t have a water metre so it can’t be that

I am sure it’s the tap. Whenever I hear the ticking I’ve been out to the tap and it is vibrating. We don’t have a water metre so it can’t be that

So you hear the clicking inside, but the boundary (external) tap is just vibrating? Have you checked your incoming stopcock/tap?

Reply to Clicking sound from external stop tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock