Search the forum,

Discuss Clicking / banding radiator pipework under floorboards in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Long story short - the pipework in all my upstairs bedrooms are now suddenly ticking / knocking under the floorboard when I switch the heating on (for a good few minutes) and the same again when I switch it off (lasts longer)

Nothing has changed since a few years ago when we changed the gravity system to an unvented cylinder ( All of this is located outside in the boiler room).

In one room, I thought it was the radiator making the noise so had it changed. Noise continued.

Various plumbers giving different advise ranging from:

plumber 1 - don’t power flush system as may cause more problems with old pipework. Suggested Pipework needs clipping under floor boards but reluctant to do the work.

Plumber 2 - remove the strainer below (what is it and could it really cause the noise, can I clean it myself?) and clean the magna clean (I’ve already done this). If that fails, flush the system.

DEF11B67-3F0A-4F66-8321-5B38BEE12100.jpeg

I’m a little bit lost now as I don’t really want to be throwing hundreds of pounds down the drain and for the problem not to be fixed.

I have also included 2 videos of the sound heard when the heating is switched on.

Any ideas / advise would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    6.7 MB
  • FullSizeRender.mov
    54.3 MB

Reply to Clicking / banding radiator pipework under floorboards in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3 of high. The rest remain cold. Also, radiator is making quite loud noise when heating up. The system/radiator is free of air. My plumber was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and gals, I'm looking to try to change from a Y-plan to an S-plan-plus this year to have a heated bathroom. While the house isn't that large, a mixture of south-facing brick and north-facing (and Jerry-built) timber frame construction means no single thermostat will cut the muster...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock