Search the forum,

Discuss Cistern not filling? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi new to the plumbing industry, can anyone advise me on why the cistern is not filling with water but can hear the sound of water running? Would it be the side filling valve and maybe replace for a newer one? Also should the symphony i am holding have a washer at the bottom as this doesn’t.

Any info appreciated 👍

Attachments

• 258C8A1F-BD20-4771-B54A-A53C6DDE9018.jpeg
    258C8A1F-BD20-4771-B54A-A53C6DDE9018.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 9
The syphon looks like this ideal one.

No washer missing, although the white disc may be worn allowing water to pass.

You say you hear the water but the tank not filling. I’m confused. With the lid off and water supply on, if the ball cock was working, you’d hear and see the water.

If no water is coming out of the ball cock, get a new washer for it.

If you can hear it trickling, you should see it coming out of the ball cock spout.

Turn water of and unscrew the below bit and washer is inside.

Washer

12F2FA04-80D7-4944-BB9C-471066FAFFBE.jpeg

Reply to Cistern not filling? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on the bottom right hand side of the cistern. Would there be a cistern with which I could replace it?
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Hi. Water is slowly leaking into the toilet bowl from the cistern. I suspect that it's the rubber washer at the bottom of the tube that's the problem but I can't figure out how to get to it. I can feel it when I put my hand down to the bottom of the tube and it seems flexible but it's 16 years...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock