• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Circulation pump bore diameter in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

O

oxgman

Can anyone tell me what impact running a circulation pump with a larger diameter bore would have?
Currently running an old grundfos 15-6 on 22mm with 1 1/2 threads but looking at a lowara ecocirc 25-6.

Last Plumber

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Why are you looking at installing that in place of the existing?

OP
O

oxgman

Why are you looking at installing that in place of the existing?
The original pump is failing and newer pumps are more efficient. I run Lowara ecocirc pumps on four floors for ufh which work great.
I have read that the newer UPS3 and Alphas may have reliability issues.

ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
more flow through the pump

Last Plumber

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
There would be a higher flow rate/volume of water provided so long as the pipework and emitters are capable of carrying it.
If they are not, it would be pointless. There are a few things to take into account and a few situations to avoid with pump sizing and experience helps a lot. You might be better off asking a Plumber before you buy a pump that could create problems.

T

Timmy D

Gas Engineer
Subscriber
Bear in mind, that with pumps, bigger than required, is seldom better. Typically worse.

king of pipes

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above don't oversize your new pump it can throw off the balance of your system, providing your new pump can match the LPM curve of your old pump + a little through its settings then I don't see a problem . Kop

Reply to Circulation pump bore diameter in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads