Search the forum,

Discuss Cinema tickets and snacks in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
o_O OMG anyone been to the cinema lately took the Mrs on Sunday to see Midway great film but came out feeling like I had been mugged Christ they know how to charge. Cheers kop

o_O OMG anyone been to the cinema lately took the Mrs on Sunday to see Midway great film but came out feeling like I had been mugged Christ they know how to charge. Cheers kop
How much was a ticket?
They seem to have dropped in price this way?
Was about £12 a ticket but it’s down to around £8 now

Down saauf...at a nice Everyman cinema.

Two tickets for Joker, a bottle of beer and bottle of water and no change out of forty quid.

A real waste of money for me though, always fall asleep when it gets dark and warm.

Think the last film I saw at the cinemas was Forrest Gump. But they know how to charge for snacks and drinks.

Saw the new Terminator film last week as a download. Really enjoyed it.

Locally to me a rip off - go to a city then half the price £3.95 for a pack of minsterels £2 for a bottle of water they should wearing a mask ha ha ! 🤑

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-121656.png
    Screenshot_20191111-121656.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 9
There are deals mid week in all of these places in North Merseyside
but bluntly I am happy to wait a few months watch whatever it is at our home . and I really do not like sharing my space with strangers in the dark....give me my rugby union club any day of any week
chking

Yep take your own snap and water every time .
My pal took his 4 young grandsons back in the summer , they all eat and drink plenty and it cost him nearly £100 , hes still wingeing now lol .

Down saauf...at a nice Everyman cinema.

Two tickets for Joker, a bottle of beer and bottle of water and no change out of forty quid.

A real waste of money for me though, always fall asleep when it gets dark and warm.
I cracked open one of my own drinks at Everyman once, a Bulmers and I had it taken off me. We paid a tenner each for two 'pizzas' and I swear to god and old rubber doormat would have been warmer and tastier.

There are deals mid week in all of these places in North Merseyside
but bluntly I am happy to wait a few months watch whatever it is at our home . and I really do not like sharing my space with strangers in the dark....give me my rugby union club any day of any week
chking
I do like my own space. But you cannot beat a good film. Which team do you follow?

I do like my own space. But you cannot beat a good film. Which team do you follow?
Waterloo RUFC. I played with them years ago...when Lived in Bath it was Avon ..a great side...my boys grew up there while I plumbed out the showers. centralheatking

Vue cinemas (and possibly others) actually say on their websites you can take your own drinks/snacks. Its an expensive doo it you take a few kids and don't.

I can see why their prices are so high, big old buildings generally and they are empty for most of the week.

Weird that the big chains routinely charge a fortune and yet independents seem to provide better film experience, and cheaper/nicer snacks. Thinking of the Rex in Elland, the Electric Palace in Harwich, the Studio in Coleford, and the Palace in Cinderford. Only one of these is run by a charity: the others are businesses at around half the price of the big chains.

Reply to Cinema tickets and snacks in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock