Search the forum,

Discuss Choices: Worcester-B CDi or Si or other compact combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new combi boiler for a modest 2 bed flat, 1 bathroom. Priority is good build quality, reliability and after sales service. What's better between the Worcester-Bosch CDi and Si models? Or should I consider another make? Opinions very valuable at this point - need to decide! Thanks.

TBH there both the same, I prefer the cdi range myself

Each engineer has a different favourite. Mine is because I have fitted many Vaillant’s. Only had a problem with 2 and Vaillant came and fixed them promptly. But someone will be probably be along shortly to say the complete opposite.:p;)

Each engineer has a different favourite. Mine is because I have fitted many Vaillant’s. Only had a problem with 2 and Vaillant came and fixed them promptly. But someone will be probably be along shortly to say the complete opposite.:p;)

The Ecofit Pure is the compact version - is this any good? The Ecotec Pro is bigger - any advantage there?

I haven't looked at Baxi yet. Viessmann has some good feedback, but I'd prefer a common model with easy to get parts. I've been reading more reviews of Worcester Bosch and Vaillant. Fitters seem to prefer the Vaillant - easy to fit and repair and good quality parts is the general comment. W-B has the best guarantee and service feedback. Some fitters say it's easy to fit, others say it's frustrating with some sharp parts in it. W-B is cheaper to buy and repair in terms of parts, but Vaillant is a very common make and should be easy to service. W-B is more compact and takes less space, but maybe at the expense of being harder to work on? In terms of Valiant I have no real feedback on the EcoFit Pure - that's a bit of a mystery. Between the Pro and Plus models it's not clear - there are fans of both. I believe they both have stainless steel parts which is an advantage over aluminium.

More views welcome....

I would defo agree with going for a common model .
Been their before going more off spec never a good thing.

If you want a well known brand go for the cdi , avoid the baxi 600 they are having issues as with all new model boilers , i am recommending Atag top end 10 year warranty and intergas 6years warranty for middle of the road. Kop

Well if you go with the cdi make sure you have every part listed kept n the garage as they fall apart for fun.
Loads of them round here reckon life span no more than 8 to 10 years.

Issues with the 600 ?

How its a scaled down duo-tec which has been around for years all brass inside and now centred flue.

They have had some issues with eco-blue.

Most issues down this way with baxi's are blocked plates due to bad installs.

Issues with worcester's start the second the box is opened!!!

Issues with the 600 ?

How its a scaled down duo-tec which has been around for years all brass inside and now centred flue.

They have had some issues with eco-blue.

Most issues down this way with baxi's are blocked plates due to bad installs.

Issues with worcester's start the second the box is opened!!!

Atm it's quality control issues

And have to disagree with you about the cdi series

What's breaking down on them ?

Depends what you want to spend loads of boilers available on the market other than WB & Vaillant , and with long warranty's up to 12 years , at the end of the day they all get problems regardless of what you fit

As with alot of new model boilers it takes a while to iron out niggling faults , the Ideal Vogue is another possiblity and has a 10year warranty, as you can tell ask 10 boiler installers which boiler they would recommend you will receive at least half a dozen different answers , talk to your installer and get his advice and experience. Good luck kop

Much as I like the idea of a compact combi in my kitchen, it's looking like you need enough space inside the casing to properly lay out all the parts in a way that they can be easily installed and serviced. So I've eliminated the W-B Cdi and Si in the light of a number of comments on their build and installation. This leaves a lot of quality makes like Veissmann, Atag and so on. But in view of easy parts availability I'm still thinking W-B and Vaillant. For W-B it would be the 30i and for Vaillant the Pro or Plus. Not sure between these three, but at least it should be a step up from the compacts. That's my current thinking, if anyone would like to comment on that.

I currently have the 30i in my own home and it' pretty loud the pump drones like hell.

"I currently have the 30i in my own home and it' pretty loud the pump drones like hell".

How old is this model? I believe it's been revised recently?

We have been in our current home for 6 months and was installed just before we moved in.
Personally far from impressed

If your after a boiler with not meny parts take a look at Intergas.

If your going to run a bath get the 35

Depends if you would like to run another tap at the same time or not and what litres a minute you have at the moment.

Where in the world are you?

I'm in Kensington, London. Just run a bath - no other taps. I have an old Main Medway which fills a bath fine. Doesn't need to be steaming hot, just hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Choices: Worcester-B CDi or Si or other compact combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock