Search the forum,

Discuss chimney leaks in rain, why? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

All the screws are sealed on the outside with silicone sealant. Also, a bead of silicone on top that support piece that twists around the pipe. Pipes are installed in proper direction, so its not leaking in the pipe assemble joints. Every pipe seam in the garage drips water when it rains.

I cant figure out where it comes in. Id rather not get up there with a hose. It only leaks when there is a lot of rain. Either very hard rain or just a long rain.

Ideas?

pics here: chimney leaks in rain, why? - https://www.diychatroom.com/f17/chimney-leaks-rain-why-685761/#post6135701

tks,
pa

This installation looks familiar. Are you an American?
Are you sure the joins are the right way?
Also is it vitreous enamel? As this is not water tight I believe

I'd guess it's running down the outside of the vertical pipe and getting in on one of the 2 joints the corner / elbow where it's factory formed.
It looks like that corner piece elbow is adjustable

Reply to chimney leaks in rain, why? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is not listed on any diagram. It sits ahead of the rubber o ring item 45 on drawing and has has the same ID and OD as the oring but is made from white...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new white PVC joined the existing grey PVC. I cut a hole in the ceiling and could also easily view it with the bath panel off but not access it from there...
Replies
Views
Hi All Noticed the floor around shower had a pool of water, looked like shower leaking from below, presumed it was trap but all good, could not see where water was coming from? I turned on the showed head and viewed underneath base and the ONLY time i had a leak was when the water jet was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock