Search the forum,

Discuss Check valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Am going to install a check valve in mains supply, as using a ball valve and not a stopcock. Will be 22mm brass as long as WRAS approved is that all I should be looking for? Do any have bigger internal bores than others or are they all around 15mm internal? Oh and also single or double.

If your putting in a check valve then it should be a double, probably not really any point except on an outside tap tho.
Is it a grey area because I thought if you used a ball valve you were supposed to use a check valve? Every house I seem to have bought had the brass stopcock which as usual was totally seized hence my wanting a ball valve.

A decent stoptap is good, they're a world away from a gate valve. I know what your saying but if you factor in the 'serviceability' of a stoptap I think its the better option.
The non return capability of a stoptap is questionable but your thinking is correct.
Real world, practically it doesn't really matter.

A decent stoptap is good, they're a world away from a gate valve. I know what your saying but if you factor in the 'serviceability' of a stoptap I think its the better option.
The non return capability of a stoptap is questionable but your thinking is correct.
Real world, practically it doesn't really matter.
And finally one last question I am reading brass fitting should be DZR if water may possibly end up drinking water which on a mains inlet tap is 100%. I have never bothered as to which type of brass the fitting is made of.

I assume a wras approved fitting would be.
Unless it was for a big project I'd be happy to let the supplier take responsibility for that one.

Reply to Check valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi, guys! Hope you are all well. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply, and they seem to break quite often. I believe it's the pressure that's causing this. I was thinking of adding a pressure valve to control the pressure before it goes through the solenoid valve. Do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock