Search the forum,

Discuss Check valve problem ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John H

Hi all hope you can help, i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorence as i am not a Plumber. I have a Baxi back boiler and when the heating is on water only, the upstairs rads get hot. i understand this is the check valve needing replacing. is this normally located close to the pump ?. and what do i need to do to replace it, or should i leave this to an expert?.

Cheers John H.

Hi John

If you can afford to get a plumber in get them to update your system, as gravity for hot water is not very energy efficient.

Get the system updated with thermostatic control on the hot water and heating.

You will save money.

Eco

Thanks for the info, but when you say update the system, do you mean replace the back boiler for a different type as well ?. regarding the check valve, does the whole system need to be drained or is there a simpler way.

Cheers John H.

No,not replace boiler although with price of gas and set to increase,may not be a bad idea and from a safety point of view,as you have an opened flue appliance
If you have gravity hot water and pumped central heating,you should at least up date it to a fully pumped system,with a motorised valve and hot water thermostat controls,stick a few thermostatic valves on radiators
This work will have to be done when you do replace boiler,if staying with system/open vented system,may as well do now and start saving money on bills and more control of system for comfort
The non return valve could be anywhere,probably in boxing up wall from boiler or under floor boards above,you will have to drain/part drain system to replace,another reason to do above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Check valve problem ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock