Search the forum,

Discuss chat box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

there isnt one?

Here you are Martin,the new ,improved chat room....enjoy

pat............ can someone please tell me why my w/c is overflowing

redsaw34...... please place question in forum area,please use chat box for small talk

fred........ what distance is the min required between the hot and cold tap

puddle..... please place question in plumbing forum,chat box for small talk,thank you

harry...... why do sink wastes come without the plastic polly washers

redsaw34... please post question in relevant forum ,thank you

Ken....4.20 am Hello

Ken....4.50 am anyone there ?

Jack.... What,s the best way to get iron stains from radiators out of carpets

Gasman..Hi Jack,post question in main forums

Jan...........yeh ,ok redsaw38 thanks,will do,just wondered how many liters of water does a standard bath hold

ect,ect

Sure you want them back :(

They are in the pipeline though,on the very long things to do list for Dan
:)

i know what you mean,
peeps been asking for quick fire chat boards!!!...

LOL puddle - a long (good) day today and a thoroughly enjoyable post to read!!

There's no "I don't know/no opinion" option ... and there's also no "If there was a general election tomorrow ..."

Hmmpphhh

:p

Do you really think one is needed, the last thing I would want is to talk about more problems with water, but saying that, it would be quicker than a thread I suppose

Depends who is in there as well (joe public or registered members)

It would be good especially for people like myself who use the forum through an app on my phone aswell as computer so if I was to be on a job and need a quick tip then someone would be on hand to offer assistance straight away! Would be very useful

A chat box wouldn't be used for general advice, it is simply just a quick way to chat generally to other members that are logged in at the same time.

All advice would need to be submitted to the actual forums, as this then make a long-term record and it WILL help others out in the future with the same problems - posting in the chatbox quickly gets old posts erased to keep it running smoothly so it can't really be used for actual plumbing advice.

Well I suppose if one turns up, and I don't use it, then it's much the same as my 'no' vote.

I personally found it pointless. Puddle was bang on the money.

be good if we could have one for plumbers only but puddles right we are for ever asking please post in main forum,thought i missed the chatbox but i think its used in the wrong way

Perhaps the message wasn't clear enough for some people how about:

Small talk only if you have a plumbing question click on "Post new Thread" or "+ Reply to Thread" or do it here and it gets deleted.

Then when their message doesn't come up they might twig it, I personally enjoyed the banter.

truemanufan,
Honestly I think you're dreaming.
You might need a tip "on the job" occasionally I suppose.
But it's unlikely the answer to a problem (you can't figure out with your eyes closed) would be available within minutes from some qualified person who just happens to have nothing else to do but watch chat-rooms.

When I'm rich I will-:
Get married
Give the girlfriend a credit card
Get an apprentice to fetch tool box and hold the spanner instead of asking the girlfriend
Buy flash car
Buy a nice house
Spend time chatting in a Chat Box....

Chat Boxes are for those with no need to work (rich). If work is necessary I would think there would be no time for using a chat box. I anticipate having to work for a long time yet and don't anticipate being rich, so don't anticipate having time for a chat box. If there's no need to work though, there is so much more to life than wasting it in a chat box, so either way the chat box seems unnecessary here.

truemanufan,
Honestly I think you're dreaming.
You might need a tip "on the job" occasionally I suppose.
But it's unlikely the answer to a problem (you can't figure out with your eyes closed) would be available within minutes from some qualified person who just happens to have nothing else to do but watch chat-rooms.

It was a suggestion! Just certain things if u were stuck on a job it might help u out a bit!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chat box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock