Search the forum,

Discuss Chasing radiator pipes through joist and wall in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Plumb Tidy

Gas Engineer
Hi all, hoping there are answers out there to my small dilemma. A customer of mine wants 15mm radiator flow and return pipes chased into the block wall and pop out down the bottom. Problem is the joists are close to the wall so to start the chase in the block i will have to notch out the joist but I'm sure this is in the no notching zone. The joist is 8 x 2" or 22cm x 5cm the joist is around 3 meters so i can notch up to just shy of a meter from support either side. Any ideas or ways to chase the pipe into the block or cannot it be done? Im hoping to just surface mount when the wall is plastered as no one likes cleaning up after chasing in pipes. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• tempImageynTM75.png
    tempImageynTM75.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImagejmaZ0v.png
    tempImagejmaZ0v.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • tempImageLPnuZP.png
    tempImageLPnuZP.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
Can’t notch sorry to say but I can be done but it’s a pita

Chase up as far as you can then use a long 25mm sds bit and drill up eg drill vertically up past the centre of the joist in the wall once your past wiggle the drill slowly left and right to widen the hole slightly now drill the joist centre for your pipe, next comes the fun bit

With your elbow already on the the piece of pipe in the wall look through the hole and match up eg so you can see the elbow then push your joist pipe through and into the elbow

Hope this makes sense

Reply to Chasing radiator pipes through joist and wall in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock