Search the forum,

Discuss Charge for plumber in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm in Midlands so a fair way from you I'm afraid.
If the tiles are good and not blown or falling off the walls and leak is from the corner where shower screen is (which is common) then I wouldn't be taking the tray out.
I would remove the screen and the sealant all round the tray, clean and thoroughly dry.
Either clean up old screen with razor blade or replace with new. You will clearly see with screen off if it was incorrectly sealed as there will be a gap in the seal where the screen profile was.
Then its just a case of sealing around the (clean and dry) tray before refitting the screen, it won't hurt to fit the screen a day after sealing the tray but I often do same day (with caution . Most screens ask for sealant on the OUTSIDE ONLY so that any water that gathers in the profile can drain freely back into the tray.

This is a fairly common fault that I've seen many bathroom fitters make even (and especially) on newbuild sites. It's a chunk of work for what is a simple fix and I usually charge a days labour.
I've tried other 'fixes' over the years like drilling and forcing silicone into the gap but find the above is the only acceptable option for me.

Of course this may not be your problem but as taking the screen out is going to be part of any further work then it won't hurt to take it out and have a look?
Thanks Knappers and thanks everyone else too. I have another recommended plumber. I am thinking I will find another two and get their take on what they will do next. I will see what they say first but mention that it has been suggested to take the screen off and perhaps that area might just need siliconising. It is so helpful to have this forum, I massively appreciate this as I am good with IT (my job) but not with showers! Will report back!

Thanks Knappers and thanks everyone else too. I have another recommended plumber. I am thinking I will find another two and get their take on what they will do next. I will see what they say first but mention that it has been suggested to take the screen off and perhaps that area might just need siliconising. It is so helpful to have this forum, I massively appreciate this as I am good with IT (my job) but not with showers! Will report back!
I would be telling them what you would like done be firm on what you you expect ,the enclosure needs to come out and throughly cleaned down , before refitting it correctly the wall trims may even need removing and refitting won't be a 5 Min job either , and theres a chance it may get damaged removing it so be prepared . Kop

Reply to Charge for plumber in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock