Search the forum,

Discuss Changing type of shower flow rate valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So it's not ajustable on the on to off valve handle? by only turning it slightly . If not look at Roper Rhodes build in showers I have one in my home . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-064002.png
    Screenshot_20220717-064002.png
    706.3 KB · Views: 8
If its just too much flow that is your issue then you can buy flow restrictors, either inline in the pipework to the shower or little DIY ones that fit on outlet before the showerhead.

So it's not ajustable on the on to off valve handle? by only turning it slightly . If not look at Roper Rhodes build in showers I have one in my home . Kop
No, it’s full on or off. If you tun the handle so the flow is nearly off, it’s just like a leak/dribble with a hissing noise and the amount coming through is not usable

Attachments

• 6EF2DE49-CC06-4502-9551-D426AF729736.jpeg
    6EF2DE49-CC06-4502-9551-D426AF729736.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 6
If its just too much flow that is your issue then you can buy flow restrictors, either inline in the pipework to the shower or little DIY ones that fit on outlet before the showerhead.
Hi Knappers. That’s an idea. Really, I just want the flow to be adjustable. Sometimes it’s great to have it full-on, opened up, it’s like a power shower and one of the reasons we changed out the pathetic electric shower for one driven from the boiler. But sometimes, especially in winter, the hot water runs out too quickly and turning down the flow rate would give us hot water for longer. I don’t want the flow rate permanently lowered. Thanks

If you look at the photo, all the pipework is hidden. The place I could put a limiter is on the hand-held shower part, which we don’t use. The part where I could really use the limiter, if I went that way, would be above the large shower head, but that pipe radius is more like an inch and there don’t seem to be any limiters that size. It is strange to me that the shower control is just on or off - I’d have thought most people would like to control the rate of flow

Attachments

• E0E242F3-5BB3-43A6-B8F9-F5F7E88506D3.jpeg
    E0E242F3-5BB3-43A6-B8F9-F5F7E88506D3.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 6
I would try one of these first comes with flow limiters a decent shower needs 6- 8 litres a minute . Regards kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-072116.png
    Screenshot_20220721-072116.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 5
I agree it’s a strange idea to have just on/off but for some reason quite a few manufacturers are going down this route with push button on/off valves.
When I queried this as they started appearing I was asked “well how often do you not just have it on full blast?”

Quite often in fact, so I won’t be buying your push button one for myself at any rate.

I think we’re going down the design over function spiral again.

I didn’t look closely enough or ask the right questions when I bought it. I took it for granted that the flow rate would be adjustable. I can’t remember having a shower where this wasn’t possible

I know it's not what you want but why not use flow restrictor on handheld and full on rainfall, atleast then you have an option to use low flow.

I know it's not what you want but why not use flow restrictor on handheld and full on rainfall, atleast then you have an option to use low flow.
Yeah, that’s actually the conclusion I’ve come too. It‘s not a high-end unit by any means, it’s the associated works that are the hassle, so further down the road I’ll pay more attention. Thanks for your help

Reply to Changing type of shower flow rate valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock