Search the forum,

Discuss Changing to Fully Pumped . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello everyone ,
I could do with some advice please . I have been to see a gentleman who has an oil boiler heating a 4 bedroomed detached house , He has a gravity primary circuit thru 1" or 28mm pipes to his cylinder and pumped to his rads . He wants me to quote for fitting a condensing boiler . I will obviously have to change it to a fully pumped system , but i am wondering if it would make it more efficient to change the cylinder circuit to 22mm pipework or leave it at 28mm ? Your thoughts please .

Hello everyone ,
I could do with some advice please . I have been to see a gentleman who has an oil boiler heating a 4 bedroomed detached house , He has a gravity primary circuit thru 1" or 28mm pipes to his cylinder and pumped to his rads . He wants me to quote for fitting a condensing boiler . I will obviously have to change it to a fully pumped system , but i am wondering if it would make it more efficient to change the cylinder circuit to 22mm pipework or leave it at 28mm ? Your thoughts please .
i would rerun the primaries as they are usually full of crap and rubbish anyway

As steve says,replace if possible also after flushing fit magi clean or fernox equivilant,have just finished doing the same thing this week,old ideal 1960 floor standing,for new He boiler,replaced pipework, also managed to get him to relace cylinder for new ,lagged and better recovery time,when I drained system, the water was quite clean but when removed gravity flow and return inner pipework caked in sludge
Just off now to do the last making good

Thank you Steve and Puddle thats just what I needed to know , good point about a filter too , cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing to Fully Pumped . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
I'm moving over to a sealed system on my EcoTec 38kw boiler. The old flow and return were in 28mm which was there long before the Vailant was installed. I'm running 10 rads with a small UFH circuit and unvented cylinder. Could i get away with replacing the 28mm to 22mm instead on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock