Search the forum,

Discuss Changing to a Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mwilson1977

Sorry can't edit the title, it should read changing to a digital programmable thermostat.

Hi. We currently have a Potterton PRT 100 'dial' room stat in our property. The heating system is fairly standard with a Potterton Boiler, albeit we also have a Gledhills Thermal Store that only allows a single day of programming and no control on the hot water timing. The house is empty now for random days during the week and I want to be able to control the heating more accurately.

If I remove the old stat, can a new digital programmable room stat simply be replaced as a straight forward swap? Ideally, I don't really want batteries to power the new stat, but I don't think I can get around that. I have three wires in the existing stat - red to terminal 1, yellow to terminal 2 and blue to terminal 3. I quite like the look of the IQE stats? Any good.

I have also been looking at the possibility of buying (and getting someone else to install) the Honeywell EvoHome. It looks like a great piece of kit but wondered if anyone has any knowledge of this. There are others loads of others on the market, like Nest and Hive that are not much cheaper but don't look to be so controllable.

Any idea on what a typical install cost for the EVO home, or similar would be and/or if the latter options are not really worth the extra spend?

Thanks.

Matt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evohome is expensive. Have fitted a few Heatmiser neo kits, have found them east to set and control. It is a mains powered programmable thermostat. You will need a 3 core and earth at the stat. They need a deep back box fitting.
you can then either use it as a stand alone thermostat £69 or buy the hub and control through wifi too.
Heatmiser neoStat - Glacier White
other than this you can't go wrong with any of the Honeywell stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing to a Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock