Search the forum,

Discuss Changing Radiator without soaking everywhere? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteeyres

I need to change my kitchen radiator, from what I know I should turn both valves off either end then crack the nuts open, but is there any easy way to get the water out of the radiator without either sticking my thumb over the end, or buckets underneath? help please!

as justlead said a couple of baking trays underneath the rad valves just crack open the unions after closing the valves of course! drain off slowly keeping a bucket nearby to pour water into when pan nearly full just close union to empty pan. to empty faster just open air bleed valve to let air in to the rad.

If the rads not too big, or you can get a mate to help, lay some old towels around the pipes, loosen of the nuts both ends then quickly undo the unions and get a thumb over the ends. You will spill a little bit of water but the vacuum in the rad will hold most of it back. Lift the rad of and take it outside to let the water out. Easy to do with a mate but you can do it alone if its not too big.

have you not got a drainer on it then flush all the rads look at toms tips on youtube he knows the crack

Wet vac, best piece of kit Ive bought in years. Bit pricey for you if your onnly ever going to use it once though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing Radiator without soaking everywhere? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock