From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss changing horizontal radiator for vertical in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
In my experience fancy modern vertical radiators need to be significantly larger than their horizantal cousins. It’s easy really. 1. Choose the type you want look on the spec for its output in watts...a one bar electric fire gives out 1000watts per hour. 2. Measure your existing rad length and height and it’s type...single panel, single with fins, double with one set of fins, double with two sets of fins look up the output or ask on here and see if the outputs are same. Centralheatking

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Advent Win
In my experience, if a Xkw panel rad with fins was heating the space adequately then you need a much higher output from the posh rad, it may have the potential to also output Xkw but without convectors and a large surface to radiate from it will never match the equivalent panel rad.
Last one I did I over did it by about 50% and the room now takes longer to heat and isn't as warm as it used to be.
It's behind me now in my dining room, looks lovely but it's pretty bobbins compared to a panel rad.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Really depends on the type of vertical designer rad you choose match the kw output to near the that of panel rad . Kop

Reply to changing horizontal radiator for vertical in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums