• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Changing from Plastic to Copper at Shower Valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

DrippySpout

Hopefully a simple question for someone in the know, but why do some plumbers/installers run everything in plastic pushfit (Hep2O or JG) and then swap over to copper for the last bit before a shower etc? I see this being done on installations where there is a pushfit adaptor available for the shower thread so it doesn't seem t be that.

exedon2

Esteemed
When you're first fixing you often don't know exactly what connectors shower has so we always use copper covers most possibilities.
Also on new build its quiet normal to use copper for aesthetic reasons for final connection's.

DrippySpout

When you're first fixing you often don't know exactly what connectors shower has so we always use copper covers most possibilities.
Also on new build its quiet normal to use copper for aesthetic reasons for final connection's.
Thanks. I've seen people do it when installing concealed shower valves and then covering over. Is that to future proof against the valve getting changed down the line?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Think it’s more down to plastic can blow out of compression fittings if not correct

DrippySpout

Think it’s more down to plastic can blow out of compression fittings if not correct
Ok avoiding using compression fittings on the plastic pipe. Those EasyFix things for Mixer Bars are good but use compression olives.

Concealed valves normally have BSP type threads which Hep2o and the like do make adaptors for.

adomas

Reply to Changing from Plastic to Copper at Shower Valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net