Search the forum,

Discuss Changing bath mixer tap on Unvented System? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Evening all, hope everyone is well.

Im not long out of my time so go gentle please lol.

I have the job of replacing bath mixer tap (no isolation valves fitted under bath). It has an unvented cylinder installed. Is it just a case of isolating mains water, opening taps to drain water out of pipework (inc kitchen tap). Or is there more to it? Ive heard horror stories of them imploding and dont want it happening to me.

Turn mains off open a few taps let it drain out

I wouldn’t touch them as they will cause you problems in the end

When it’s trying to suck the water out eg under vacuum

No just open more than one eg kitchen sink and bath taps etc

Reply to Changing bath mixer tap on Unvented System? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock