Search the forum,

Discuss change radiator pipes from 10mm to 15mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I need to replace a radiator and want to change the current 10mm pipe in to the radiator with 15mm pipe. I have access under the floor so no problem to change the 10mm that comes off the 15mm hot water feed. If I change just one radiator to 15mm and leave the rest of the radiators as they are with 10mm pipes is that going to affect the system at all / is that bad practice?

You'll need to balance the system and really throttle down every other rad. You'll want an incredibly clean system any restriction might stop a rad working. Also, check how many rads are coming of that 15 you're connecting too. And when you say hot water feed do you mean flow and return for rads?

Do you mean adapting from 10mm to 15mm under the floor I did this one recently can't see a issue if done correctly. Kop

Attachments

• PXL_20210219_182547813.jpg
    PXL_20210219_182547813.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210413-203408.png
    Screenshot_20210413-203408.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
thanks for the replies, I was only planning to use 15mm chrome for aesthetic purposes to match the new radiator valves and thought it would be fine to reduce 15mm pipes from the radiator to the 10mm pipes under the floor. Thinking about it though I'm just going to keep the pipes and use chrome covers, thanks for the advice.

Use chrome covers if you like, but changing a short section of pipe is unlikely to affect the balancing in any meaningful way. I'm not sure what the problem is. If you were substituting 10mm for existing 15mm, I'd be concerned, but enlarging the pipe diameter is neither here nor there.

Reply to change radiator pipes from 10mm to 15mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock