Search the forum,

Discuss Change plastic insert for screw in in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Is it possible to change this plastic insert for a screw in style fitting or would it require a new tap?
I would like to be able to just to change the fitting as it is a rental property so cannot/don't want to change the tap. I would like to change for a screw in fitting so I can have one of those slide in shower adapters as I don't like them rubber slide on ones.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_212325.jpg
    IMG_20200807_212325.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 6
need to change the tap and really tbh the shower should be thermostatic as its a rental

Reply to Change plastic insert for screw in in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The flexible tail in question had been screwed in so tightly that the braiding was damaged in several places. A real struggle to get the old tails out, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock