Search the forum,

Discuss Change of career in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Singularity

Hello,

Just wondering, how many people here have come from a non-plumbing background and decided to change careers and get into plumbing? If you have, are you glad you did it?

Pete

I was a mechanic then a driver then a stock controller then a warehouse manager now a plumber

I'm thinking of taking the plunge myself, at the moment I'm a tiler but want to move onto plumbing as well, but is it the right choice?? So replys to this posted question will help me decide

hi hutch
Im a Plumber and i work with a tiler full time we get more work doing both, it helps being two of us have you ever taken a bath up stairs on your own, it also helps when you've done pipe work one turns the water back on the other makes sure its ok, i'm teaching him plumbing and he's teaching me tiling

I’m not plumber but now I’m getting interest in it and most often i solve my domestic problem .if i take it as career, it would be best, i think so.

I think, I can earn a good living in this industry, and the field is virtually outsource-proof, says Paul Abrams, a spokesperson for Roto-Rooter. "I left career in the computer industry to become a plumber. Also, it's not exclusively for men. We have women in our workforce as well."

I also want to go with plumbing becoz i think so Plumbers are extremely important people in society. It's a fact of life that wherever people settle, they will always need plumbers. Good plumbing is not only vital to public health (plumbers deal with clean drinking water, sanitation, heating systems etc), but is also an integral part of modern day life - how many of us could do without the luxury of a hot bath or central heating? Without the competent plumber disease would be rife, sanitation non-existent, clean, fresh drinking water from a tap only a dream and central heating would consist of a coal or log fire!

hi all
newbie to the site! i was in the army for 10 years as a mechanic and decided to leave to become a plumber, i wanted to get into the self build game so thought i might as well get a trade and save at the same time and i love it!

Hi
just started the OLCI course and althought I find some of it hard I also find it very interesting. the only way to find out is trake the plunge whats the worst that can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Change of career in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock