Search the forum,

Discuss chaffoteaux water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chaffoteaux

I have a chaffoteaux corvec britony 2A water heater.
The pilot light is lit, but when the hot tap at the sink is turned on there is no hot water.
The water pressure is low, and the burner will not fire up.
I have checked the water govener and the diaphragm, everyone seems to say change the diaphragm, I dont mind doing this, but cant help think Im chasing the wrong route, as I can see nothing wrong with the old one.
Also, whilst the water govener was out, I pressed the gas valve (with a pencil) and the burner fired up immediatly...could it still be the diaphragm?
Thanks in advance.

if the diaprahms not that dear,try one they play up with age

Thanks for the advice, I will try a new one and see if it makes a difference.

Yes it may well be, Im not sure if the pressure increases once the burner has fired up.

Thanks Puddle, its on order.
I will try to find this thread again and let everyone know how I have got on, once its back together.

Diaphragm fitted, its now up and running again.
Thanks Puddle.

Diaphragm's now fitted, and its running fine.
Thanks gas man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to chaffoteaux water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock