Search the forum,

Discuss CH working fine but HW goes hot then warm/tepid in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening All,

So have a Pro Exclusive 24 (made by Ideal Logic I believe). Just had a new PCB put in on the boiler as the hot water from the tap was hot and then went cold.

Now the PCB has been replaced the hot water is working but doesn’t stay boiling hot for more than around 30 secs and just goes from boiling to warm/tepid.

Any idea what could be causing this issue? The CH is completely fine it is just the hot water which doesn't stay hot for long.

Thanks

it was fitted by a gas engineer. It has a fault code "c" and after he did some further tests (apprently) the only option was to fit a new PCB. New PCB fitted issue with hot water not resolved

Ok, C isn’t a fault code, it's the status of operation, as in fired up for central heating, and possibly stuck there. F codes are faults. I Really wouldn’t have fitted a pcb for that, you need an engineer who knows what they’re doing, or ideal for a fixed price repair (local knowledgeable engineer will be cheaper for that issue).

Attachments

• 927383B6-7D8E-4027-901D-7EEB8C39F601.jpeg
    927383B6-7D8E-4027-901D-7EEB8C39F601.jpeg
    507.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to CH working fine but HW goes hot then warm/tepid in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock