Search the forum,

Discuss CH pump leaking even after replacing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Grundfos pump attached to my UFH manifold. Noticed the floor boards below were warping and that it had been leaking ever so slightly for some time. Removed it, cleaned seals etc, tightened back up, leaked.

So bought a replacement (UPS3), with new O rings and it leaked again. Retightened this time adding a bit of Fernox to the thread but it still leaked.

Thinking potentially the threads on the female brass ring have gone (maybe from over tightening over the years) but any other ideas?

20220629_124524.jpg

Is it definitely leaking from the threads any stuff on the face of the brass ?

Reply to CH pump leaking even after replacing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am after a bit of advice on a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen. Water is leaking from the area highlighted and varies with the amount of water pressure when using the taps, that might seem obvious, but I am not DIY minded :). I have removed the mixer and replaced both O rings on the...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock