Search the forum,

Discuss CH Pump constantly running in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening, just had new boiler and Ch pump. 24hrs later noticed pump was constantly pumping despite schedule being off. Only way to stop it was to turn boiler off, opened airing cupboard to notice slight wet patch from a leaking valve near pump. Fitter sent someone out who drained system and sorted the valve, he said the disc or seal had perished? All seemed fine, but same thing is happening again, obviously without the leak. Any ideas? Yes I will be calling them back in the morning.

Wired wrong my suspect

So Installer has been back out and re wired it, it now comes on/off as per schedule. The concern is that pump in airing cupboard is continually running even if there is no call for hot water or heat, boiler only comes on when there is a need. The sound is continually heard downstairs and annoying. Installer has said if latest work doesn’t work he will need to run wire from airing cupboard direct to boiler, this involves getting upstairs carpet up. I’m guessing pump should not be continually on?

Clamp on thermostat on pipework near the offending pump.
When the flow temp is less than ( say 50C ) the pump turns off.

Not hard to install or wire.

Maybe a solution?

Reply to CH Pump constantly running in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock