Search the forum,

Discuss CH Issue/ HW All Good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Having some CH issues and wondered if someone here might have advice before I look to call someone out. I have a Basia Boiler in a property I recently bought, I think it is about 10 years old. The boiler does both the CH and HW. The HW works fine and comes on as soon as you open any hot water tap in the house (There are two)

The CH though is a different story. There are 6 radiators of which 2 are on the ground floor, 3 on the first floor along with the boiler and finally one in the loft.

The attached picture of the boiler is post pressing and holding the red button for about 15 seconds, the boiler fires up and heats to around 60c. The pressure was 1.2bar, and then rises to around 1.9bar. In regards to the three lights on the left, the left is usually flashing, then when the heating is on the right one flashes also, I have never seen the middle one flash before.

After going on and off a couple of times the boiler does not come back on, this is despite the display stating it is on, usually within a timer period.

Lastly one of the radiators on the first floor does not come on at all, this is despite bleeding it etc.

I also attach a photo of one of the radiator on off things and one thing to note is there is no thermostat in the house, i have looked everywhere and cant find one., this is something i have never come across before.

Any thoughts most appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_172003.jpg
    IMG_20191005_172003.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20191005_173945.jpg
    IMG_20191005_173945.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
We cannot give advice on repairing gas boilers on the open forum I am afraid you will need a gas safe engineer to replace a part in the boiler that switches the heating and hot water over on demand, the radiator valve may be stuck in the off position meaning the trv pin siezed or the lockshied valve could be closed or even a air blockage . Cheers kop

turn the boiler stat up (the rad and the thermometer) one up as atm its on frost setting eg turn it up to around the red button area

See what you can do settings wise but I think this is another kinda thread that our directory will benefit in future. We will eventually have a list to point you to for a local guy who can test a bit more than yourself.

Avoid posting the job on Facebook you'll just get dodgy friends of friends responding. And avoid check a builder type sites they're screwing the prices up.

Hi All

Having some CH issues and wondered if someone here might have advice before I look to call someone out. I have a Basia Boiler in a property I recently bought, I think it is about 10 years old. The boiler does both the CH and HW. The HW works fine and comes on as soon as you open any hot water tap in the house (There are two)

The CH though is a different story. There are 6 radiators of which 2 are on the ground floor, 3 on the first floor along with the boiler and finally one in the loft.

The attached picture of the boiler is post pressing and holding the red button for about 15 seconds, the boiler fires up and heats to around 60c. The pressure was 1.2bar, and then rises to around 1.9bar. In regards to the three lights on the left, the left is usually flashing, then when the heating is on the right one flashes also, I have never seen the middle one flash before.

After going on and off a couple of times the boiler does not come back on, this is despite the display stating it is on, usually within a timer period.

Lastly one of the radiators on the first floor does not come on at all, this is despite bleeding it etc.

I also attach a photo of one of the radiator on off things and one thing to note is there is no thermostat in the house, i have looked everywhere and cant find one., this is something i have never come across before.

Any thoughts most appreciated.
There are several reasons for the problems you describe. All of them to do with components inside the boiler casing which only qualified Gas fitters can work on.
Look for a combi boiler expert...such as combi cure...set a reasonable budget for the repair and get a visit organised. After diagnosis a second visit with the part should see the heat back on. centralheatking

Cheers all, I have no intention of fixing it myself, simply gauging what it is while I await a local reputable company

Did you try my suggestion?

Did you try my suggestion?

Hi I did, it made no difference sadly. You still have to hold the red button to start up, it runs for about 15 minutes and during that time goes on and off as the temp goes up and down, but eventually locks out.

The radiator though is now fixed, was just the usual stuck pin, which I had totally forgot about.

Reply to CH Issue/ HW All Good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock