Search the forum,

Discuss CH controlled by thermostat even when programmer off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just noticed that with the CH programmer either selected off or timed off, the CH can still be controlled on/off at the room thermostat.
HW is controlled by the same programmer and is operating normally.
System is a pumped Y plan.
I take it the programmer is fubar?
Anything I can do to confirm or is it obvious the programmer is at fault; it's a Drayton Tempus 7.

The pic is of my programmer backplate.
1=HW off; 3=HW on; 4=CH on
With the programmer fitted and CH selected off I'm getting 240v at wire 4 in the junction box; I take it this indicates a fault in the programmer, with no wire to CH off at the backplate is the CH controlled by voltage at 4 @240v for CH on and 0v CH off?

Attachments

• 20230227_121253.jpg
    20230227_121253.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 3
It does seem like the programmer and it doesn’t need a CH off, just HW off, which you have. Shouldn’t be getting 240vac at number 4 in junction box if that’s for the room stat.

Have you checked to make sure you’re not getting 240v at terminal 4 of the mounting plate with the programmer removed.

Just to make sure something else isn’t potentially wired wrong.

Also the mounting plate Earth isn’t connected.

Have you checked to make sure you’re not getting 240v at terminal 4 of the mounting plate with the programmer removed.

Just to make sure something else isn’t potentially wired wrong.

Also the mounting plate Earth isn’t connected.
Thx Tim, good call; I checked it and there's no voltage at the back plate on t4, which confirms the programmer at fault.
I noticed the earth not connected, I'll sort that when I fit the new programmers back plate.

Reply to CH controlled by thermostat even when programmer off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock