• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Ceramic kitchen monobloc mixertap in the Valves & Taps area at PlumbersForums.net

footprint

Reaction score
E850D74A-ED83-4D3A-9B0B-F2FB9474C081.jpeg I guess this might seem a stupid couple questions to the pro plumber but to the diyer which I am I would like to know the answers. Question 1. I have a Wickes Chantiily ceramic kitchen monobloc mixer tap as per attached photo and would like to know wether these are classed as clockwise or anti-clockwise the fact you pull forward to switch the water ON to me that would indicate anti-clockwise however, some say the opposite please can a pro plumber confirm.
Question 2. Does the colour of the washer at the base of the valve ie Red or Blue refer to Hot & Cold or Clockwise/anti-clockwise. I really would like to know the correct answers to these questions.

SimonG

Trusted
Plumber
Esteemed Member
Reaction score
1. Both.
2. Red hot, Blue cold.

OP
F

footprint

Reaction score
Many thanks for your extremley quick answers SimonG to both my questions. These two questions have bugged me for a while. Education is a wonderful thing. Many thanks also to Yorkshire Dave.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom