Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic Discs for Dualux Taps in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Contacted Ideal Standard recently about above and was advised to go to www.fastpart-spares.co.uk They recommended cartridge S8739NU. From the photo it appears that the bottom casing of this cartridge is made from plastic whilst the original ones where all brass. Wonder if anyone has experience of whether the new ones last as long as the original. I always assumed that the original ones were either made in the UK or Germany but guess current ones are made outside Europe, wonder if quality is comparable? Many thanks.

Reply to Ceramic Discs for Dualux Taps in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

noticed that the new ones have plastic lower half whilst original and some still sold by some retailers are still all brass. anyone got experience which type is best and lasts longer (without dripping)? Cheers
Replies
Views
Back in the 1980's we bought a few of the above which have ceramic disc cartridges. Generally been very reliable although have dripped which I think was caused by tiny pieces of grit scoring surfaces. Our water supply is from a reservoir and when the Water Authority did routine cleaning water...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up through one hole, has 2 taps...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Got what is probably a simple issue if you know how.... getting as far as the ceramic cartridges so I can get them out, measure, and hope they are still a currently available size and if not see if I can dissolve out any. I'd just change the tap but would involve removing tiling, cupboards that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock