Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic cartridge spindle wobbles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there.

I'm a home DIYer with a question (please excuse if my terminology is incorrect).

A tap I have has a wobbly handwheel. On removing the handwheel I found it's the spindle of the cartridge that's wobbling. In off or fully on postions the spindle doesnt wobble, it only wobbles when the tap is around half way on. It is also very stiff to fully close. What's my best way of fixing this?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Good point. Note to self, "Be specific".
The top disc is driven by a 'converter' at the bottom of the tap spindle. Its this that often wears and the part where it connects in the top disc. Part of the wobble will also be worn spindle o-rings

Reply to Ceramic cartridge spindle wobbles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
I cannot work out a way to actually remove the cartridge so I can replace it. Trying to fix a dripping tap! Help please….
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having problems with an old kitchen mixer tap.......the cold side is dripping from spout so I attempted to remove the brass cartridge to change rubber washers but for some reason after fully unscrewing it doesn't want to come out. Maybe something simple stopping it but I didn't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock