Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating won't work during summer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a vaillant boiler. Now the weather is warmer the central heating won't work. I have hot water only. I can't get the radiators to come on again until the autumn. Is there anything I can do to make the radiators come on just for an hour in the morning during summer. I've had it serviced and it works normally all year round, but for years it's always done this. Often when the weather is just starting to get warm the radiators will stay on for maybe an hour then they shut off. In the winter they stay on as long as I want them to. Now in June I can't get them to come on at all. Any advice. I'd just like to get them to work for maybe an hour some mornings. Thank you.

Hi, I have a vaillant boiler. Now the weather is warmer the central heating won't work. I have hot water only. I can't get the radiators to come on again until the autumn.
Do you have a timer for the system?
If so, what HW and CH options are available?
Do you have a thermostat on the wall (normally hall or living room)?
If so, what temperature is it set to?

Turn the room thermostat up. Or does boiler have summer and winter mode. i.e. does it have hot water only selection?

I'm thinking maybe it has weather comp installed ??

Three weeks ago an ecotecpro24 was installed in my flat. hot water working fine. When I turn on the central heating the boiler runs for a couple of minutes, but as soon it reached the set temperature [50 degrees], it switches itself off. Once the burner anti-cycling time is over, it would do so again and agin, without running continuously. Any suggestion? Thanks!!

Get the installer back

thanks! any idea what the problem might be?

Could be a few things do you know if the benchmark was filled in (in the back of the installer instructions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating won't work during summer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock